Lindsey A. Coley
Lindsey A. Coley, Attorney
Lindsey A. Coley has lived in the Smith Mountain Lake community for over 35 years. She was a partner with a large law firm in Roanoke before opening her own law practice at Smith Mountain Lake. In 2017, Lindsey was named to Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s “Up & Coming Lawyer” list, a distinction awarded to only fifteen attorneys across the Commonwealth of Virginia. She was also recognized as a Virginia Rising Star for nine years (2011-2019) by Virginia Super Lawyer.
Lindsey’s practice focuses on estate planning and probate matters, as well as serving as outside general counsel to local small businesses. She prepares estate planning documents for clients and represents executors, administrators and trustees regarding the administration of trusts and estates. Lindsey also advises local businesses on various legal issues and frequently lectures on how small companies can comply with various employment laws. She drafts employment contracts, non-compete agreements, employee handbooks and severance agreements, as well as advises clients regarding various issues such as overtime, leaves of absence and termination of employment.
As an active member of the community, Lindsey is Chair of the Board of Directors for the Smith Mountain Lake Chamber of Commerce and she provides pro-bono legal assistance to clients of Blue Ridge Legal Services and coordinated volunteers for the Pro-Bono Hotline for several years. She also chaired the Wills for Heroes Program in 2010, through which local first responders received free Wills, Powers of Attorney and Advance Medical Directives.
Lindsey currently lives in Huddleston with her husband, Joe, and their four children.
- Chair, Board of Directors, Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce (Board Member 2011-Present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Lake Christian Ministries (2018-Present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Roanoke Valley Society for Human Resource Management (2011-Present)
- Former Member, Virginia Women Attorneys Association (2016-2018)
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference (2013-2017)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Children’s Trust Foundation, Roanoke Valley, Inc. (2009-2012)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Graduate, Hollins University Batten Leadership Institute – Certificate in Professional Leadership
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Volunteer, Blue Ridge Legal Services Pro-Bono Hotline; Chair (2009-2017)
- Committee Member, American Cancer Society Cure By Design Event (2016-2018)
- Member, Franklin County Human Resource Association (2016-Present)
- Chair, Wills for Heroes (2010)
- Co-Chair, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference Southern Virginia Minority Pre-Law Conference (2008-2009)
- Co-Chair, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference Women and Minorities in the Law Commission (2009-2010)
- Named “Young Lawyer of the Year” for 2018 by the Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly “Up & Coming Lawyer,” a distinction awarded to only fifteen attorneys across the Commonwealth of Virginia (2017)
- Named a Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star (2011-2019).
- Outstanding Volunteer Service Award for co-chairing the 2009 Southern Virginia Minority Pre-Law Conference, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference (2009 and 2010)
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D.
- University of Dayton School of Business, MBA
- Elon University, B.S. magna cum laude
- Co-author, OFCCP Continues to Crack Down on Pay Discrimination, Law360 (2017)
- Co-author, The Virginia Lawyer: A Deskbook for Practitioners, Chapter 13, Estate Planning and Estate Administration (2008-2017)
- Co-author, What Women Really Want, VSB Young Lawyers Conference Docket Call, Vol. 26 No. 4 (Spring 2010)
Contact info- email@example.com
Heather L. Jones
Heather Jones received her Associates degree in Paralegal Studies from Virginia Western Community College in 2009 and has over eight years of experience in the legal field. She currently assists Lindsey with estate planning, guardianships and estate administration matters along with employment and general business matters. Heather has been a member of the Roanoke Valley Paralegal Association (RVPA) and the Roanoke Valley Legal Secretary Association (RVLSA) since 2015. She was appointed Secretary of the RVLSA for the year 2016-2017. She resides in Vinton with her husband, step-daughter and two sons.
Contact info- firstname.lastname@example.org
(540) 407-9849 direct