We regularly advise small businesses regarding employment issues, ranging from overtime pay or dealing with an employee’s medical condition to drafting employee handbooks, employment agreements, non-competes and providing management training on HR issues as well as dealing with termination and severance matters.
There are a variety of laws that overlap when you are dealing with employment issues, including but not limited to the following:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
Regardless of the size of the company, it will be faced with employment issues and we offer the education and guidance you need to stay on track and help you strategically deal with workplace issues.